Kallikrates – is ancient Greek (masculine origin) and means “Beautiful Power” derived from the Greek elements καλλος (kallos) “beauty” and κρατος (kratos) “power”. Kallikrates represents the idea or concept that anything can exemplify beautiful power – especially the human body in form and function.
Cultivating Human Potential is Beautifully Powerful
Kallikrates is a platform for sharing my knowledge and passions with others in hopes of collaborating, networking and affecting positive change. Topics of this blog revolve around physiotherapy, fitness, nutrition, orthopedics, sports & extreme medicine, inspiration & motivation as well as some random thoughts and life events.
So who am I?
I am an entrepreneur at heart, a health & fitness professional by trade and a humanitarian by choice. I am currently in my final year as a Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT) student at Bond University. I have been involved in the health & fitness industry for 10 years as a strength and conditioning coach and fitness educator.
My certifications include:
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS),
- Certified Russian Kettlebell Instructor (RKC),
- USA Olympic Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach (USAW-L1SP)
Some of personal triumphs and awards include:
- Named one of the Top 25 Entrepreneurs Under 25 for 2008 by BusinessWeek. This is a nationwide search for Americas most promising young business owners
- Featured as a young entrepreneur by the Global Entrepreneurship Campaign
- Interviewed and featured by the international online publication MilliardCity as an up and coming entrepreneur
- Nominated for the ‘Fitness Done Right’ award from 24 Hour Fitness
- CSU Dean’s List Honor Roll for the College of Applied Human Science
- Bond University’s Vice-Chancellor’s List for Academic Excellence – all subjects, semester 1 & 2
My passions lie in fitness (human performance & injury prevention), medicine (telehealth/rehabilitation, pre-hospital, wilderness/expedition), aviation (flying and aeromedical retrieval & transport) and motorsports and extreme sports.
My dream is to meld my passions with my profession. I am striving to develop knowledge and skills that will allow me to contribute towards:
- The innovation and advancement of the operational and medical logistics and
- To pioneer strategies and programs that can be used maximize human performance within these areas.
I am currently searching for opportunities and am extremely driven to put myself in a position where I can affect positive change in the health and wellness of others on a global scale. Please free to reach out to me if you are a like-minded individual, have any questions, comments, advice, or contributions: email@example.com.